I began working with family law clients while attending law school almost 30 years ago. My passion for advocating for “real people” and their families is what drew me to family law and keeps my practice solely focused on families. I view my role as assisting you and your family to get through the transition of divorce well, both emotionally and financially.
I work to settle each case, but if a trial is necessary, I can effectively present your case to a judge. As a journalism major, I learned to tell people’s stories. I use these same skills to advocate for my clients, whether at a temporary hearing or a contested trial. Together with each client, I tailor a case strategy that is unique to that person’s goals and concerns. My clients value the individual attention that I can give them, and my honesty in talking about what to expect in their divorce.
I routinely handle a variety of family law cases, from straightforward child support modifications to complex custody trials over several days. I understand the importance of the result in your situation, both to you and your children. I never lose sight of the family that is part of each client’s case.
I have presented seminars about divorce and the financial aspects of divorce for over a decade. As part of my teaching, I talk about the process of hiring an attorney and qualities to look for, as a potential client. You should hire an attorney who answers your questions, listens carefully and understands your wishes. At the same time, you need someone who will honestly assess your case, with its potential strengths and possible weaknesses. I’ve developed these skills, and I look forward to assisting you with your case.
Although I have retired from skydiving for the time being, I still own my skydiving gear. I’ll bring the same care and attention to detail to your case that I put into packing my parachute.
- Minnesota, 1992
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1992
- University of Minnesota Law School – J.D.
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of Minnesota 1992 – B.A. Journalism
- Honors: Dean’s List and With Honors
- Presenter, Chrysalis Center for Women
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Law Institute, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member
- Collaborative Law Institute, Committee Secretary
- Chrysalis/Tubman, Volunteer Attorney
- Dakota County Legal Assistance, Volunteer Attorney
- Family Violence Network, Crisis Line Advocate
- St. Paul Libraries, Reading Tutor
- Goodwill Foundation, Style Show Model
- Family Tree Clinic, Patient Educator